Planning for the Next Generation – Community Visioning Sessions July 2022 and preliminary questionnaire
A diverse group of New Concord leaders, residents and business owners, is working with a small town entrepreneurial organization called Small Nation that has created transformative success in downtown Bellefontaine. The group spent an immersive learning day in Bellefontaine with Small Nation founder Jason Duff in late May. The visit catalyzed weekly meetings and discussions during June that considered various public-private collaborations that could be beneficial for our community. The next step with Small Nation will be a visit to New Concord later this summer. In order to prepare for that visit, the task force is holding a series of four weekly Community Visioning Sessions in July. The public is invited to participate.
Please join us
Who: Village Voice Task Force
What: Community Visioning Sessions
When: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Thursdays July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28
Where: New Concord Village Hall, 2 West Main Street
Also, we appreciate your response to the questionnaire below whether or not you plan to attend the Community Visioning Sessions.
You may return it in person or by mail to New Concord Village Hall, 2 West Main Street, open M-F, 8am-4pm. You may also complete the questionnaire online here.
You may include your contact information if you like. We are not collecting email addresses or other information.
Thank you. -Village Voice Task Force
Questionnaire — Planning for the Next Generation
Preparing for New Concord Community Visioning Sessions – July 2022
Community Visioning helps build community consensus, constructive dialogue and provides a forum for residents, stakeholders, community leaders and the business community to imagine, form, and create new visions for the community. Community visioning is instrumental in generating policies, physical plans, recommendations and codes in a range of public realm spaces like New Concord. It is at the heart of place-making.
New Concord Visioning Sessions Objective: To seek out new places and spaces in which the community can explore opportunities for collaboration, enrichment, enhanced business opportunities, and especially for improved well-being for all community members.
Please check all that apply:
____Are you a resident of the Village of New Concord? ____Live outside village limits. ____Business owner with physical presence in the village. ____Business owner with no physical presence in the village. ____Muskingum University faculty/staff. ____East Muskingum School District faculty/staff. ____Employee in New Concord, live elsewhere.
Please use additional paper if needed.
- What do you find most appealing about our Village of New Concord? What do you find least appealing? __________________________________________________
- Streetscapes and storefronts: What do you like or dislike about our trees, lights, benches, storefronts, etc? ____________________________________________
- What types of businesses are missing that you would want? __________________________________________________________________
- Is there anything preventing you from opening a business in New Concord?
- Would you consider using collaborative or shared office space (also known as co-working)? _________________________________________________________
- What do you suggest to make our Commercial Business Core and Historic District on Main Street more of a destination? (where to go, what to see or do)
- What are your priorities for our Commercial Business Core and Historic District on Main Street? Some examples: recreation, nightlife, outdoor amenities, cultural opportunities
- What are your suggestions to make the strong relationship between Muskingum University and our Village even stronger, with even greater integration of students, faculty and residents? ___________________________________________________________
- How can the village better serve children and seniors? What facilities might be needed? ___________________________________________________________
- Your additional comments _________________________________________