Police Chief and Staff
The New Concord Police Department is committed to the safety, security, and welfare of the residents and businesses of our community. The Administrators and Officers are dedicated to providing helpful programs and information from children to our Senior Citizens. This includes duties such as:
- Responding to emergency events in the village
- Enforcing traffic laws and village ordinances
- Answering calls for service by the public
- Investigating criminal activity
- Providing general patrol to the business and residential areas of the village to prevent and reduce criminal activity
- Providing public services to residents with self-defense and workplace safety classes.
- Working with East Muskingum School District to provide training programs such as Stranger Danger, Bicycle Safety, and ALICE training.
- Providing programs such as Halloween safety and bicycle safety
- Alerting our citizens about scams and safety concerns
Police Chief and Staffing
Mindy Peck is the Police Chief.
Other members of the Police Department:
- Jeff Dawson, Sergeant
- Eric Gregg, Officer
- Jeff Traub, Officer
- Dylan Young, Officer
Contact the Police Department
- Special Note: If you have a police, fire, or medical emergency, DIAL 911.
- Our department is dispatched through the Muskingum County dispatch center. To request an officer to your location or to report a crime, please call (740) 452-3637 and press 1 when prompted.
- Email Chief Peck
- If you wish to leave a message for an officer, or simply have a question, please call our office at (740) 826-7671. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS NUMBER TO REQUEST POLICE RESPONSE.
- Our fax number is (740) 826-7617.
- If you would like to file a formal complaint, please print out the Citizen Complaint form below and return to the New Concord Police Department, 2 West Main St, PO Box 10, New Concord, OH 43762. Forms are also available at Village Hall.
- Citizen Complaint Form
K9 Drug Detection Program
The Village of New Concord Police Department would like to invite you to contribute to our K-9 Officer Fund. This is an exciting new program for the Village and we are seeking community support to make it successful.
The new K-9 Officer will be used to assist with patrol and narcotics detection. Once sufficient funds are raised the New Concord Police Department will begin the process of selecting a new K-9 Officer and purchasing the necessary vehicle and equipment to move forward with the K-9 Program.
All donations will go toward K-9 Program needs, including: purchase and training of a K-9 officer, training for a K-9 handler, purchase of a cruiser for K-9 Officer transportation, all medical needs and annual exams for the K-9 Officer.
If you have any questions or would like to contribute to the K-9 Officer Fund please contact the Village of New Concord at (740) 826-7671, 2 West Main St, PO Box 10, New Concord, OH or email Officer Jeff Traub at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make all checks to the Village of New Concord and include K-9 Fund in the note section.
Thank you for your support!
Drug Take Back Program
The New Concord Police Department conducts a drug take back program in the spring and fall. On a date to be advertised, the police department can accept any unused medication other than liquids or needles.
The correct way to dispose of liquid medication is to mix the liquid with coffee grounds, saw dust, kitty litter, etc. Anything that will not be very appealing to animals, kids, etc. Then seal it in a plastic bag or container. Then you can throw it away with your normal trash. Just make sure all identifying labels are off of it before disposing.
Images of the Police Department
Provided below are images related to the Police Department. Click on a thumbnail image to see a larger image.
Entrance to the Police Department
Police Cruiser Emblem with Colonel Glenn