NEW CONCORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Village of New Concord Police Department is seeking qualified applicants
for the position of full-time Police Officer.
The NCPD serves New Concord’s 2,360 residents and business community and is focused on service and community policing. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability and desire to work as a team toward the objectives of the department; show a commitment to service; and display personal integrity and high ethical standards.
New Concord is a scenic, friendly, supportive and diverse university community, home to Muskingum University, which has a separate police department. The NCPD is a community-oriented department that operates in a broad range of activities. This is a public service job based on trust, credibility and competence. Police officers preserve the peace, protect lives and property, prevent crime, arrest violators of the law and enforce local, state and federal law in a fair and impartial manner.
New Concord is located along Rt 22/40, one mile north of I-70 at the intersection of SR83. Founded in 1828, the village was the home of John and Annie Glenn and William Rainey Harper. Village safety is a top-cited reason for residing in New Concord.
If this interests you, the Village encourages you to submit your application today and learn more about how we provide full-service policing while valuing our citizens’ input in the way we serve the community.
- US citizen at least 21 years old
- OPOTA Peace Officer certification
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of current law enforcement principles, procedures and techniques
- Successfully pass psychological and physical examinations, drug screen and background check.
- Successfully pass New Concord firearms tests
- Successfully pass New Concord Police Field Training Program (currently 12 weeks minimum.)
- Sound judgement
- Team player
- Take initiative, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills. New Concord Police Officers interact daily with a diverse public.
- Constructive and positive problem-solving
- Courteous and professional at all times, both internally and in public
- Attentive to the detail required for high caliber reporting and investigating
- Able to analyze situations quickly and objectively and determine the appropriate course of action.
Compensation and Benefits
- $40,000/year effective salary, plus overtime pay, depending on experience.
- $25,000/year in benefits including pension (OP&F), health insurance, EAP, life insurance and AD&D for single health coverage or $46,325/year for family health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA) with employer subsidy
- Dental, Vision & Supplemental Life Benefits are optional employee-paid premiums
- Education and professional development assistance
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid personal days
- Annual uniform allowance
- Bullet proof vest provided
- Onsite workout facility
- Additional income for special duty may be available from third parties (off-duty only)
Submit application form Police-Department-Application-2022.pdf (newconcord-oh.gov) with letter of interest to Police Chief Peck at email@example.com or mail to Chief Mindy Peck, New Concord Village Hall, 2 West Main St, New Concord OH 43762. 740-826-7671
The Village of New Concord is an Equal Opportunity Employer