New Concord Police Department Full Time Police Officer Notice
Applications for the position of Police Officer for the Village of New Concord are being accepted. Applicants must have a valid Ohio Peace Officer (OPOTA) Certificate. Applications must be submitted by August 12, 2022.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANT:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and the age of 21
- Applicants must include a copy of their Ohio Peace Officer Certificate with their application filing. Applicants are also encouraged to include instructor certificates, or other specialized training certificates with their application.
- Deadline date for completed application is 4:00 p.m. August 12, 2022.
- Job description is included in the application packet.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent and the Ohio Peace Officer Certification.
- Must have NO criminal record other than minor traffic violations (no more than 4 points in last 3 years).
- Must be fingerprinted and pass extensive back ground investigation.
- Must pass a medical examination given by a designated physician
- Must pass drug screen test
- Must pass Psychological Evaluation
- Must pass firearms tests
- Must follow all policies and procedures of the New Concord Police Department
Applications may be obtained by going to the Village of New Concord website www.newconcord-oh.gov. Go to the Government tab and click on Forms and Permits and select Police Department Application. Complete Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, a paper application may be picked up at village hall:
2 West Main St. New Concord, Ohio 43762
The Village of New Concord is an Equal Opportunity Employer